Monday, August 31, 2009

I hear Jerusalem bells ringing...

Today was an exhausting day. It was the first day of classes and I only had two classes, but I didn’t get a lot of sleep last night and they were both morning classes. Then, after lunch I couldn’t get back to sleep for a nap, so I just laid on the bed for a while. This afternoon about 6 of us went into the marketplace and I tried this chocolate pastry thing that was really good. I also got a free sample of sesame paste and it was very sugary and disgusting. Good thing I had a bottle of water to wash it down. The fruit seemed really cheap, so if I ever need a good snack I know where to go! (Well, I wasn’t paying that close of attention as to how we got there).

Anyways, on our way back we ran into a group of the guys going to get school supplies, so we turned around and went with them. I ended up getting a couple more spiral notebooks because I only had one and I have four classes. They weren’t cheap like the walmart ones though, they were about $2.50 for two of them. Luckily, on our way there we stopped at a moneychanger so that I could get some SHEKELS!!!

Shekels are about the equivalent to the U.S. quarter. So the notebooks were 10 shekels. This is what 10 shekels looks like.

Here are my 50 shekels. (I’m a high roller, I know.)

And this is 5.

I’m hoping to be in good shape soon. Every time I go to class and come back to my room, I have to climb like 60 stairs. I’m not exaggerating. To go to the bathroom I have go up and down 33 of them. I counted. They’re pretty steep too. Now that its been a couple days, my legs are kind of sore.

I’m also hoping to get better pictures up here. I’m stalling with these lame ones until I remember to take my camera into the city. I’m putting my camera in my purse right now…

1 comment:

  1. YAY! you have a blog! This is very exciting. Now I'll get to keep up with you while you're away!

    ReplyDelete