Thursday, August 27, 2009

the day before.

It is about 1:30 am Thursday morning. I leave today. I'm getting crunched for time.

My stuff is currently strewn across the floor of our den, far from organized. Empty suitcases are sitting in the corner of the room. The maps that I have been hastily marking up cover the coffee table with many colored markers sitting on top. In the corner of the coffee table is a white sheet of paper with a list of about 20 items that I have scribbled on it in an attempt to remember them when I wake up.

Today is going to be so exciting. I'm having breakfast with cousins in the morning. Then I'll go shopping with my list of last-minute things. When I'm done, my last hours home will be spent throwing everything that is on the floor of the den into the suitcases. Then its off to Charlotte to meet up with Elicia (another JUC student on my flight) before flying to Philly and then the day will end while I'm in the air headed toward Tel Aviv. Ah. So unreal.

Ok, well its about time for me to get some sleep, if I can.

3 comments:

  1. SO EXCITING! I cannot wait to hear about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are praying for you! So excited to "see" all your experiences through the blog :).

    ReplyDelete