Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day!

This is a not-so-flattering picture of my dad and I. :)

So today is Father's Day and I couldn't be more thankful for my dad. He has made it clear that family is a priority. My dad spends most of his time, energy and money (a lot of money) for his children. He has also taken his marriage and responsibility as a father very seriously. More importantly, he has taken his faith seriously and has demonstrated what it looks like to be a follower of Christ. Thanks dad.


Today at church I couldn't help but think that as much and often as I should thank my dad for caring and providing for me I need to thank God all the more. By accepting Christ as Savior, I am called a child of God. I can relate to God as my Father. He claims me as His daughter and has even granted me an inheritance. In fact, I am a co-heir with Christ. I am not sure it is possible to thank God enough for what he has given and sacrificed for me. I'm not even sure I can even comprehend it. However, I am sure that his grace is sufficient for me, and his power is made perfect in my weakness.


No comments:

Post a Comment